Quotes For Wonderful Mothers on Mother’s Day
As I look back on my life I find myself wondering…..
Did I remember to thank you for all that you have done for me; for all of the times you were by my side to help me celebrate my successes and accept my defeats, or for teaching me the value of hard work, good judgment, courage, and honesty?
I wonder if I’ve ever thanked you for the simple things…the laughter, smiles, and quiet times we’ve shared.
If I have forgotten to express my gratitude for any of these things, I am thanking you now, and I am hoping that you’ve known all along, how very much you are loved and appreciated.
- A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. ~Dorothy Canfield Fisher~
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan~
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. ~Jewish proverb~
- A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. ~Cardinal Mermillod~
- A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. ~Agatha Christie~
- A mother’s love begins before the child is born and lasts through time, and difficulties, and differences, and many wounds, and days of joy, and days of sorrow. Winding, wearing, weeping, sharing, changing, until, at the end, what remains is that solid core that began as love…before the child was born. ~Anonymous~
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln~
- Youth fades, love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr~
- The life of a mother is the life of a child; you are two blossoms on a single branch. ~Karen Maezen Miller~
- A mother holds her children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~Author Unknown~
- A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irvin~
- But there’s a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall. How a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother’s story, because hers is where yours begin. ~Mitch Albom, For One More Day~
- In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe. ~N. K. Jemisin~
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~Honoré de Balzac~
- Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving. ~Gail Tsukiyama~
Read More About Mothers:
Read Other Quote Collections: