Edgar Cayce’s Channeled Words of Wisdom Especially Relevant At This Time
Edgar Cayce, also known as “The Sleeping Prophet,” was a man who astounded others with his psychic abilities. Cayce lived long before the emergence of the New Age movement, though greatly influences it today, and is credited for paving the way for the acceptance and popularity of channeling.
Edgar Cayce demonstrated the ability, while in a hypnotic trance, to channel answers to questions on subjects such as physical, mental, and spiritual health, astrology, dreams, and reincarnation. He also predicted the occurrence of many future events, many of which happened as he claimed they would, and had access to unprecedented knowledge of ancient civilizations such as Atlantis.
While giving readings to others, Edgar Cayce occasionally referred to consulting the Akashic Record, a spiritual imprint of that soul’s eternal experiences. These question and answer sessions, often occurring without the subject present, were known as “readings.” Records kept between the years of 1901 and 1945 include a total of 14,246 of Edgar Cayce’s readings.
I selected the following Edgar Cayce quotes due to the relevance I feel they have in our modern day quest for spiritual understanding and finding our purpose. The first one astounds me.
- “Great numbers of children will be born who understand electronics and atomic power as well as other forms of energy. They will grow into scientists and engineers of a new age which has the power to destroy civilization unless we learn to live by spiritual laws.”
- “This may be a hard statement for many, but you will eventually come to know it is true: No fault, no hurt comes to self save that thou hast created in thine consciousness, in thine inner self, the cause. For only those that ye love may hurt you.”
- “For all prayer is answered. Don’t tell God how to answer it.”
- “That we see manifested in the material plane is but a shadow of that in the spiritual plane.”
- “When the entity becomes so self-satisfied, so self-centered, as to refuse spiritual things, and does not change its attitude; so long as there is hate, malice, injustice, jealousy; so long as there is anything within at variance with patience, long suffering, brotherly love, kindness, gentleness, there cannot be a healing of the condition of this body.”
- “Actually, we have no problems-we have opportunities for which we should give thanks… An error we refuse to correct has many lives. It takes courage to face one’s own shortcomings and wisdom to do something about them.”
- “It is not all of life to live, nor yet all of death to die. For life and death
are one, and only those who will consider the experience as one may come to
understand or comprehend what peace indeed means.”
- “It is thought and feeling which guides the universe, not deeds.”
- “There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, it doesn’t behoove any of us to speak evil of the rest of us.”
- “For the material, at best, is only temporal, or temporary, while that which may be builded from spiritual desire, spiritual purposes, is eternal.”
- “All you may know of heaven or hell is within your own self.”
- “The more and more each is impelled by that which is intuitive, or the relying upon the soul force within, the greater, the farther, the deeper, the broader, the more constructive may be the result.”
- “For all healing, mental or material, is attuning each atom of the body, each reflex of the brain forces, to the awareness of the divine that lies within each atom, each cell of the body.”
- “The conquering of self is truly greater than were one to conquer many worlds.”
- “Let us not worry what others are doing, apparently in opposition to our purpose; but let us look rather to what we ourselves are doing in relation to our purpose. If we fulfill our mission to the best of our ability, the others–seeking–will take hope also. Life in abundance is ours, if we will only take hold on it.”
Read Other Quote Collections: